There is no time limit for returns, as long as the customer can provide a receipt or the specific transaction can be found in our system through a name, credit card number, date, etc.
✓ What Qualifies for a Return:
- Items that were defective or damaged at time of sale.
- Refills that were made during the same store trip, did not get taken home, and not get put in a container that was brought from home.
- Items that may have been lightly used once or twice, but are still in great / new condition and still safe & sanitary to sell.
- Some Examples:
- Stainless steel funnels (can be sanitized)
- Stainless steel lunch box (can be sanitized)
- Produce bags (no rips or stains)
- Insulated water bottle (can be sanitized)
- Personal hygiene items in new & working condition that have not been opened or used.
- Items that were gifted to someone who wants to return them (unopened, unused)
- Items that were charged by accident or rung up incorrectly.
- Duplicate transactions (this happens sometimes when our internet is down, and Square doesn’t show if it was rung up the first time so a transaction might be charged twice by accident. In this case, we refund the entire transaction.)
- Some Examples:
✘ What Doesn’t Qualify for a Return:
- Items damaged by the customer after purchase.
- Any LEAF items. These products are final sale.
- Refills that were taken home, or filled during the same store trip in a personal container.
- Personal hygiene items that have been used. Examples include
- Lip Balms
- Exception: if someone had an allergic reaction and the ingredients were not clearly labeled or stated. If it’s something personal like deodorant, a refund will be applied and the customer may to do what they want with it; give it away or compost it.
If there is a personal hygiene item that has been used or opened and needs to be returned for any reason, there may be an option to get in-store credit for the item. Talk to a shopkeeper to see if this option is right for you!
- Items that cannot be traced to any receipt or transaction.
- Example: Returning an item that can commonly be found anywhere, like a 16 oz glass bottle. If we can’t find the transaction & there isn’t a receipt, we cannot refund it.
- Exception: Returning a Mama & Hapa’s branded non-bulk product that is in new and usable condition.